Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mike Portnoy Named in Top 50 Drummers of All Time



Gotta say one thing that I've been an avid fan of Dream Theater since i was in high school, and I've just got the news from Dream Theater's notification on facebook regarding this great news. Article is as of below.


Rhythm Magazine out of the UK took a poll of its readers for the 50 greatest drummers of all time. As Mike said:

"When I saw the October 2009 issue of UK's Rhythm Magazine with the '50 Greatest Drummers of All Time' reader's poll on the cover, I must admit I was curious to open it up and see if I had made the Top 50...

Well, after quickly scanning through the 40's, 30's and 20's and not seeing my name, I was beginning to sadden that perhaps I didn't make the cut.... : (

But then I read on and was surprised to eventually find myself all the way at the top of the list at #5!

Thank you to all the drummers that voted me into such a prestigious poll....

I am truly flattered and honored to be held in such high regard with some of my greatest drumming heroes!

Thanks for all the love, : )

Mike Portnoy"

The Top 5 were:

1. John Bonham

2. Buddy Rich

3. Keith Moon

4. Neil Peart

5. Mike Portnoy

Congrats to Mike Portnoy for being recognized in what he love to do and being the virtuosic musician that he has always been. Kudos to Mike!!!

Source

And since it's about drumming, wanted to share you this video on drumming editing if you haven't watch it yet... It's one of those most viewed videos on Youtube... Enjoy...



City Boy Kampung Breed...signing out... Peace~

18 comments:

oktant said...

Thanks Kennee for ur visits. (^-^)

tRiEi cRiSiS said...

thanks for visiting... oh, i do love those little comic panels and ur style of blogging. :)

Mat`amiT said...

hiya...just dropping by

Kennee said...

@oktant: No probs...

@tRiEi: Awww... thanks for the compliments...

@Mat: Drop by more often~~~ XD

Unknown said...

dreamtheater is a great band...

Kennee said...

@~0~: Yes!!! They are indeed the greatest!!! XD

Kristin said...

can Bon Jovi be in ur list? haha

mkhafiz said...

where is joey jordeson???hahaha...

Kennee said...

@Kristin: Lolz... BonJovi ain't a drummer lor...

@mkhafiz: Lolz... I think he should be on the list... But not top 5 la...

Ken Wooi said...

how nice if i can rock on the drum set.. =P

but i cant.. lol..

kenwooi.com

Kennee said...

@kenwooi: can... start learning lor.. neva too late one... XD

ishak hasimi said...

thanks ya,salam kenal

darkprince said...

hehe , duno bout drummer , so dropping by , read your post ,click your ads :)

AJ said...

Wow dude,neil and mike came frm my favourite band, rush and dt. I put u on blog i follow

Grace said...

hi kennee! thanks for visiting my blog and the clicks. i'll return the favor. happy blogging! :)

Kennee said...

@ishak: Salam kenal jugak...

@darkprince: thx bro...

@Aj: Hahaha... glad we have the same taste in music...

@Grace: Yeah...u got an awesome blog... Thx

lizz said...

just click ur ads!!
thanks 4 dropping mine ya :)

Kennee said...

@lizz: thx~ ^^